(Antimicrobial Materials and Chemistry)
LOCATION: ITHACA, NEW YORK
Halomine, Inc. is looking for a full-time Senior Scientist with a strong foundation in chemistry, materials science and/or polymer chemistry to join our team.
This position is primarily responsible for antimicrobial coatings development and other chemistry layers for next generation infection control solutions. In collaboration with internal and external partners/vendors, the candidate will plan, initiate, and execute studies aimed at developing various coating formulations, characterize using analytical techniques, conduct pre-clinical testing and interpret results. Strong organizational and communication skills are required to collaborate and work under direct supervision of CTO. The individual must be able to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment, train others & delegate work as appropriately to complete required activities in a timely manner.
• Lead research and development activities in collaboration with multidisciplinary technical project teams
• Exercise technical proﬁciency in the design, execution, and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project strategies and goals
• Critically assess experimental data, provide interpretation of results, and ensure data quality and integrity
• Drive the delivery of innovative solutions that leads to enhance d intellectual property and assist in expanding the offering to clients
• Routinely read and leverage the scientiﬁc literature to support development of innovative technologies
• Author in-depth technical protocols, summaries, and reports
• Prepare and deliver detailed scientiﬁc presentations for clients, colleagues, and management
• Participate in data reviews and client discussions
• Act as a technical mentor/coach for more junior Research Scientists
• Assist and support GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) QC (Quality Control) by participating in activities, including, development study design and execution, drafting documents, training, analytical method development, validation and transfer, investigation support, product commercialization and ongoing product support, and change contro
• To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
• PhD degree in Materials Science and Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Organic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, or related discipline with signiﬁcant related experience.
• Direct experience designing and/or characterizing antimicrobial polymer coatings is strongly preferred.
• Experience with materials and surface characterizing equipment (SEM, TEM, AFM, FTIR, NMR, Fluorescence microscope) is strongly preferred.
• Experience with infectious disease pathogens and mammalian cell culturing and testing methods are strongly preferred.
• Analytical method development and validation experience is strongly preferred.
• Experience working with internal technical project teams and clients is required.
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a highly collaborative, team oriented, and customer focused environment.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary, research environment.
• Must be able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
About Halomine, Inc.
Halomine, Inc. is a Cornell-based start-up company focused on developing novel high-performance and sustainable antimicrobial coating materials for food processing, healthcare, and consumer markets. Our team is comprised of talented chemists, material engineers, and biologists that are proven researchers and product innovation.
Commensurate with skills and qualifications
Interested applicants, please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a question, comment, or inquiry for the Halomine team? We would love to answer them. Simply fill out the form below and a Halomine representative will be in touch shortly.